Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Skunk Whisperer





Wow son your life is going by so fast. It is the first week of September and you have now been camping 3 times. This last time was in Portola Redwoods State Park in the Santa Cruz Mountains. We went with Eric and Jen as well as Meg and Brenden. It was lots of fun, eating, talking cooking and and of course skunking. Yes, skunking. We had a skunk in the campground after you went to sleep. Jen and Eric and I were sitting there talking when suddenly Eric gets quiet and covers his eyes to see if what he saw was true. He announced there's a skunk! I was mortified. Skunks and spray 8 ft and are just plain nervous. Eric then said, the skunk is under my chair. Lucky for him he and Jen were very cool customers! Meanwhile your dad bolted! He didn't want anything to do with our little fury friend! This went on for about 20 minutes but amazingly the skunk just wanted to check things out. The skunk never sprayed or even tried to eat anything, eventhough we had been eating smores which you loved too! Anyway, that made for a very memorable evening to say the least. The next day we woke up and went for great hike in the Redwoods and you got play in Tip Toe falls! Named for it's amazingly cold water I believe. The weather was great and everyone had a great time.

Your second cousins have been in town this week too from Florida. We have eaten meal after meal out with tons of delicious food. You eat anything at this point which is great since your mother and I try to give you anything. It was hot today reaching 93 degrees but the house is really good at staying cool which is a blessing. Your walking everywhere as well. You are pretty cautious at times which is understandable since this is your 3rd week of getting around on your feet. You love sweeping too. You have a little broom which serves you well and you really don't want to share it with anyone right now. You know I hope you continue to clean up after yourself when you get older. You are so cute and seem to be copying daddy when he cleans up the garage. You and I are getting closer as you realize my role in your life but you are still a momma's boy and love your Aunties! You were crying tonight with daddy and you wanted mommy but daddy needed his time with you and decided to give you some love. We read books and played in the room until you really needed your mommy. Your aunties tried to help me but I told them it was my time and you seemed to be good with it too. It is my belief that you need balance in your life and right now I am not providing that for you but I am trying as you get older my role will become more prominent to you. I look forward to us bonding and building a strong father son relationship. You are my little guy and I want to do anything to help you succeed in life!

The economy is rough right now with as much as 16% unemployment in some places. The future is looking bleak for the US but it could turn around. I want you to have good values and morals and know how to do as many things as possible so that you can be prepared for the next economy in the US. I was talking gardening with Eric this weekend. He is the master at this. You too will learn from him. Ok my boy, dad needs to go to sleep! Love, Dad, Sweet dreams little fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment